NEW Feline Boarding Services Available
Purradise is Berkshire Humane Society’s satellite feline boarding and adoption center located in Great Barrington. To learn more about our feline boarding services, please see below, then download the Boarding Agreement and contact us to book your pet’s stay.
301 Stockbridge Rd., Great Barrington, MA 01230
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Sunday: 10 AM – 4 PM
Thursday: 9 AM – 6 PM
We boarded our cat, Tigger, at Purradise for nearly a month while we were away. He had never been boarded before. We always had someone come to our house each day, but Tigger is nearly 17 now and has some health issues, so I worried about him having minimal contact for so long. I am thrilled to say that he thrived at Purradise. Best decision ever!
– Roxanne, Berkshire Humane Society & Purradise Supporter
Purradise Feline Boarding is a cats-only boarding facility located in Great Barrington, MA. Housed inside a quaint and comfortable converted home, the facility provides relaxing accommodations for your feline friend. In addition to the cozy condos, your cat will have access to a large sunroom for exercise a minimum of three times per day. They can run, play or lounge on one of many towers or beds while watching the view outside the large, window-enclosed space.
Our staff is compassionate, friendly and trained in feline care and behavior. Our years of experience in animal sheltering gives us the perfect background to anticipate and accommodate your companion’s wants and needs. We are able to administer certain medications, special dietary needs and other requirements your cat may have. (Please call us to discuss any special needs your cat may have prior to booking your stay.)
- Vaccines: Rabies; Distemper or current and valid titers
- Proof of a current rabies vaccine and current distemper vaccine (or current titers for distemper) must be provided prior to or at the time of stay.
- Vaccinations must be administered at least 7 days prior to stay
- *If you cannot provide proof of vaccinations, your cat will NOT be able to stay with us.*
- Food and Medications: The owner is required to provide food and any medications the cat is taking (if applicable).
- No Fleas or Parasites: If fleas or parasites are found, staff will administer appropriate treatment at the owner’s expense.
- No Overt Aggression: Purradise reserves the right to deny / terminate boarding if the cat is deemed dangerous and not safe.
- No Illness within the last 30 days: If your cat has had a contagious illness within 30 days prior to boarding, or is showing clinical symptoms of a contagious illness at the time of boarding, Purradise reserves the right to not board the cat.
- Spay / Neuter: All cats over the age of 6 months must be spayed / neutered at the time of stay.
- Credit Card on File: We require a credit card be put on file at the time of booking. This card will only be charged if you cancel within three days of your stay, or there is a medical need for your cat to be seen by a veterinarian. (Please note that all attempts to contact you will be made prior to bringing your cat to a veterinarian.)
- Our standard feline condos are a three cube unit, allowing your cat to spread out within their space. These condos measure 7’x2’. Each unit is set up with a cozy bed, blankets, and toys, in addition to the essentials. Calming aids, such as Feliway, can be used to aid in ensuring your cat is relaxed and stress free.
- We also offer condos for cats with mobility issues. These one level condos measure 5 ½’ x 2 ½’, and are set up with all the same comforts as our standard condos.
- Boarding is $25 per night
- $15 per night for additional family cat
- Meal Charge: $5 per day (if you fail to provide food)
- Medication Administration: $3 per day ($5 per day if the cat is fractious)
- Special Needs (i.e. Sub Q fluids): $10-$15 per day
- Nail Trim: $10 one time charge – optional
- Microchip with 24PetWatch: $25 one time charge – optional (Includes a one year complimentary registration)
- *All prices are subject to applicable taxes
Drop Off & Pick Up Times
- Monday thru Saturday 9am – 4pm; any cat picked up after 2pm Monday thru Saturday will be charged a half day rate of $12.
- Sunday 10am – 4pm
- Standard drop off time is 9am – 10am Monday thru Saturday and 10am – 11am on Sundays.
- All cats must be dropped off in a secure carrier, during the hours listed above. All payments must be made in full at the time of pick up. Any cat not picked up on time will not be release that day and will incur an additional night’s charge at the owners expense.
- If you need to cancel your stay, three days’ notice is required. Cancelation within three days of stay, or failure to show for your stay, will result in a one night’s charge of $25.
- Pick Up & Drop Off will be available between 2pm – 4pm on the following holidays by appointment, with an additional $5 fee: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day
- We will be closed to the public on the 4th of July, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Still have questions?
You can call us at (413) 717-4244 or check out this helpful Q&A with Erin Starsja, our Feline Manager.