Berkshire Humane Society, the leading animal welfare organization in the greater Berkshire County region, seeks an experienced fundraising professional to join our leadership team and to help advance our mission. Having recently publicly launched our Forever Family Campaign, we are firmly positioned for the future and seek a fundraising professional to help secure philanthropic support for both unrestricted and restricted purposes.
As a key member of the leadership team of Berkshire Humane Society, the Director of Development will plan and carry out a development and fundraising program to provide for short- and long-term needs. This key leadership role has overall responsibility for the advancement of our mission and vision with the overall goal of increasing revenue and capacity.
- Manages, executes and assesses Berkshire Humane Society’s annual fundraising plan
- Qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards mid-level donors with a key focus on growth of donor giving
- Ensures timely donor stewardship, including recognition and acknowledgements
- Manages the donor\prospect pipeline
- Serves as staff liaison to the board of director’s development committee
- Handles identification, proposal writing and follow up for corporate and foundation opportunities
- Serves as part of Berkshire Humane Society’s executive team
- Extensive knowledge of fundraising strategies and principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Understanding of and appreciation for the field of animal welfare
- Previous capital\major gifts campaign experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE credential preferred
- Five to seven years of experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization highly preferred
- Understanding and\or appreciation for animal welfare
Salary: $65,000 – $75,000 based on experience. Full time position includes generous benefits package including 14 standard holidays, flexible schedule. Part-time considered for ideal candidate.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references to John Perreault, Executive Director, Berkshire Humane Society, 214 Barker Road, Pittsfield, MA 01201 or via e-mail (preferred) at JPerreault@berkshirehumane.org