Dr. John C. Reynolds Adoption and Education Center
Many of us were blessed to know Pittsfield veterinarian Dr. John Reynolds. Dr. Reynolds was a friend to all animals and a board member of Berkshire Humane Society. His death in December 2021 was a shock to us all and we miss him dearly.
A centerpiece of the Our Forever Family campaign is naming our main building the Dr. John C. Reynolds Adoption and Education Center as a testament to his life and work. The Reynolds family has announced an extraordinary offer of a gift of $500,000 to Berkshire Humane Society, with a challenge for the community to match this amount and make the Dr. John C. Reynolds Adoption and Education Center a reality – but we need the help of the community – YOUR help – to make it happen!
- Every donation to the Dr. John C. Reynolds Adoption and Education Center will be matched, dollar for dollar, doubling each gift’s impact!
- Funds will be used to update Berkshire Humane Society’s main building, including:
- Making needed improvements public spaces to make them more warm and welcoming
- Building a dedicated wellness suite for all shelter animals.
- Outfitting the suite with state-of-the-art equipment to care for our shelter animals including new mandatory state health checks before adoption, medical procedures and a dedicated area for visiting veterinarians to allow for treatment of our shelter animals.
- Focusing on adoption success and education, reducing the “length of stay” of our animals, thus limiting stress on them and allowing us to increase the number of animals we adopt to new homes