Woofstock Frequently Asked Questions
Answers to frequently asked questions:
Please help us make this event as enjoyable and safe as possible by observing the following rules:
- Dogs must be leashed at all times (NO FLEXI LEADS PLEASE).
- All dogs must have I.D. tags and proof of current rabies vaccination.
- No dogs in heat or under four months of age will be allowed to participate.
- Dogs must be kept under control at all times. Any unruly participants will be asked to leave.
- Please do not bring dogs that are aggressive or need to be muzzled.
- Participants are expected to practice responsible pet ownership and clean up after their dogs. Pooper Scooper bags will be provided.
Where do I park?
There is parking lot nearby and is marked by the purple balloon on the map.
Where Will I Be Walking
View this year’s route. The green star marker is the approximate starting area. The planned walking route is highlighted in blue. Please note the walking route may change if the weather is really bad.
Where and when do I turn in the money I/my team has raised?
All donations will be collected the day of the event during the registration process. If you are a team member you can give your team captain the amount you have collected so he/she can turn them in during registration the day of the event.
If you had an online fundraising page, please print your team and/or personal page and bring it with you on the day of the event along with any donations you received as cash or checks.
Should I bring a chair for myself and water for my dog?
Yes, for you comfort, please bring your own chair, and to keep your dog well-hydrated, bring water and a bowl.
Do I need a dog to participate in the walk?
No, you don’t need a dog to walk. Remember that Woofstock benefits all the animals at the shelter, so ask your friends or family members to join you to walk and raise money for BHS.
What time is Woofstock?
Woofstock begins at 8:00AM with the delicious pancake breakfast and ends around 2:00 or 3:00PM.
Registration for the walk will begin at 10:00AM.
The walk begins at 11:00AM
Is there any charge to come to Woofstock?
Nope – Woofstock is free to the animal-loving public! With canine demonstrations, games, and vendors, Woofstock is a family-friendly day of fun.
Will there be food available for people?
Yes! Besides the pancake breakfast, we’ll have other food vendors for lunch.